The purpose of this statement is to set out the purposes for which, and the manner in which, we may collect and use personal information that we may obtain about you.
Virtual Pilot does not knowingly collect data from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
Use of your personal information
1. When you register and use this site:
You will be asked to provide certain information such as your name, contact details and possibly credit card or other payment details. We may store this data and hold it on computers or use a third party for this service. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
- to register you with our website and to manage any account you hold with us.
- to administer our website services.
- to fulfill our agreement with you and to process your order and obtain payment.
- to analyse and profile your shopping preferences to enable us to market products accordingly.
Where you have agreed that we may do so, we may keep you informed of products and which we consider may be of interest to you by email.
3. If you do not wish to receive information of products and services which may be of interest to you from us, you can request this via our contact us page.
4. We may engage third party payment providers to administer and process your payment card details in order to complete any purchase that you make through the website.
5. We may store and process your information on our own information technology systems or on systems owned by third parties that may store and process your information on our behalf.
6. Telephone calls may be recorded to verify content and may be used together with other customer records for regulatory compliance, quality control and staff training, preventing or detecting criminal activity and for complaint resolution.
Disclosure of your information
7. We may give information about you to the following companies and organisations who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
to anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
10. We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
We may send you an email inviting you to review and rate the product that you purchased.
It is not possible for you to edit/remove your review after submission
We may in our absolute discretion accept or reject any product review which may be submitted to us and may edit any such review for both length and/or content as we see fit. All reviews are submitted on the basis that we may use the review in any format and for any purpose as it sees fit and for any marketing or promotional purposes.
11. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee (for details, please Contact us).
12. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please Contact Us.
13. Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
14. If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please Contact Us.
How do I change any details stored?
15. To change any of your registered details please access this via your account details. If the item you wish to amend is not accessible, please Contact Us.
Changes to policy
17. We may amend and update this policy from time to time. The last update to this policy is held at the beginning of this policy.